Top Signs Your Heating System Might Need to Be Replaced
With the chilly winter months right around the corner on the South Shore, now is the time to take care of all your home heating needs. You want to ensure your heating system’s readiness to provide the warmth you’ll need to keep your home and family comfortable. Your heating system, which keeps your home cozy, affects your household budget. Today’s high-efficiency systems prove their value in operations, safety, and cost savings. But, how do you know when it’s time to replace your heating system? If you’re between tune-ups from your Reggie’s HVAC specialist, you should keep an eye on your boiler or furnace for these signs that it’s time for an upgrade.
Telltale Signs from Your Heating System
- Strange Noises or Smells: It’s normal to hear a mystery sound from your basement now and then. But if you start hearing out-of-the-ordinary humming, banging, or clunking coming from your heating system, you may need a replacement. Abnormal odors can serve as another red flag.
- Uneven Heating: Do you feel exceptionally warm in some rooms of your house and unnaturally cold in others? If your thermostat reads a typical temperature but heat does not reach all areas of your home equally, that may indicate a decline in your equipment’s operational capabilities, showing that it’s time for a replacement.
- High Energy Bills: As your heating system ages, its efficiency begins to decline. Consistently climbing heating costs, not prompted by extreme weather or household size increase, act as a clear symptom of decreased fuel economy. New high-efficiency models can reach efficiency ratings of up to 95, meaning you’ll enjoy significantly reduced heating expenses.
- Dusty or Dry Air: Assess your home’s indoor air quality. Excess amounts of dust or drastic changes in air humidity can result from an ineffective heating system. Though regular maintenance improves indoor air quality, replacement is the only surefire solution over time.
- Increased Repair Frequency: Like any piece of machinery, your heating equipment will suffer more breakdowns with years of wear and tear. Assess your recent service history. Instead of spending your money on recurring repair visits, you will get more bang for your buck by investing in a new high-efficiency system.
Get a Quote for an Upgrade Today
Dying equipment can cause unwanted stress and higher maintenance costs. This season, forget the hassle of dealing with old equipment nearing the end of its lifespan—install a new high-efficiency furnace or boiler to make the most of your energy budget. Get in touch with the energy pros at Reggie’s Oil for a quote.